Saturday 15 February 2014

Bluestocking Mum - Published Author!

No, you’re not seeing things. I’ve dusted off the knick-knacks, removed the dust sheet from my sofa and desk and shaken the cobwebs off this poor neglected blog. And what’s brought about this phenomenon I hear you ask? Well, in case you haven’t heard, I’m celebrating becoming a published author! Yes, you heard right. To mark the two year anniversary of our blog, those splendiferous Romaniac girls and I have put together an anthology of short stories and flash fictions, aptly named,‘Romaniac Shorts.’

For anyone who hasn’t heard of The Romaniacs we are a … errm … how do I describe us? … a once seen, never forgotten bunch of writers and members of the Romantic Novelist's Association New Writers Scheme We met at the Festival of Romance and RNA Winter party in 2011 and instantly clicked. As individually different as a tin of Quality Street, common values and goals have united us and helped create our tight bond and unit. We laugh together, we cry together, but most of all we support one another and are even known to kick each others butts if the need arises!
Several of our group are now published authors in their own right and have found agent representation so it shows the ‘power of eight,’ and that anything can happen if you believe, work hard and never give in. Dreams can come true.

Thanks to the girls I’m still plugging away with the novel and my non-fiction book proposals and until such time as I secure myself an agent and publication, I’m thrilled to be able to see two of my stories published in Romaniac Shorts. So, why not grab yourself a cuppa and a couple of digestive biscuits? Or cake(We Romaniacs are rather partial to cake)Take an hour or two out to pick and mix your way through the range of different styles, viewpoints and moods that reflect our inimitable characters. Laugh and cry with us. And help us raise money for two good causes close to our hearts. We're pleased to tell you that ALL money raised will be shared between Dyslexia Action and the RNA’s New Writers’ Scheme fund. If you'd like to support us and download our E-book for just £1.00, click HERE for the Amazon link.








In the meantime, I’ll be back again in a few days when one of my lovely Romaniac friends,
Catherine Miller, AKA Katy Little Lady will be joining me here on the sofa.

Until another day
xx

3 comments:

Jean Bull said...

Congratulations to you all! I love the Quality Street! Off now to download it - the book,not the chocolates!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

What a great idea - well done on getting on with all that writing, Debbie! Must download a copy - love the cover.

kafaya said...

Wow, what a very interesting content you have there. Every line i read is just like i open a new world. Please post more often,because this is exactly the type of content i want every day. i promise to visit everyday.